The International Association of Labour History Institutions (IALHI) brings together archives, libraries, documentation centres, museums and research institutions specializing in the history and theory of the labour movement from all over the world.
Social History Portal
IALHI is proud to announce the new web portal www.socialhistoryportal.org. This portal was developed within the project HOPE - Heritage of the People's Europe (co-financed by the European Commission). The portal gives accesss to digital collections of thirteen IALHI members - over 900.000 digital objects (archives, books, brochures, leaflets, photographs, posters, prints, cartoons, sound, films and videos). In the near future, we hope to include more collections and more IALHI member institutions!
The design and development of the Social History Portal is one of the results of the project "Heritage of the People's Europe" (HOPE), co-funded by the European Union through the ICT Policy Support Programme (2010-2013).
Social and Labour History News
- CFP: 51st ITH Conference 'Work and Non-Work'
- Labour History Melbourne Conference: Fighting against war: peace activism in the twentieth century
- The Miners' Strike 1984 -1985: Thirty Years On
- Irish Labour History Society 2014 Annual Winter Conference
- CFP: Workers of all lands unite? Working-class nationalism and internationalism until 1945
- Journal de la BDIC
- Ámbitos - Newsletter Fundación Francisco Largo Caballero
- CFP: Social History Society 2015 Annual Conference
- Publication: Mundos del Trabajo en Transformación
- Publication: Labour History in Africa
More IALHI Resources
Besides the digital collections in the Social History Portal and the Social and Labour History News Service, IALHI and its members offer more resources on social and labour history, such as a source publication on the 1917 Stockholm Peace Conference, a collection of 1,200 digitized documents by and on the Rote Armee Fraktion and a database with close to 4.000 tables of contents of issues of labour history periodicals.