Social History Portal
IALHI is proud to announce the new web portal www.socialhistoryportal.org. This portal was developed within the project HOPE - Heritage of the People's Europe (co-financed by the European Commission). The portal gives accesss to digital collections of thirteen IALHI members - over 900.000 digital objects (archives, books, brochures, leaflets, photographs, posters, prints, cartoons, sound, films and videos). In the near future, we hope to include more collections and more IALHI member institutions!
The design and development of the Social History Portal is one of the results of the project "Heritage of the People's Europe" (HOPE), co-funded by the European Union through the ICT Policy Support Programme (2010-2013).
Social and Labour History News
- Política, memoria y violencia. Debates en la historia argentina reciente
- El papel de los archivos en la defensa de los derechos humanos y la memoria histórica
- Seminario SISLav italo-brasiliano
- Brazilian International Labour Film Festival
- Kim Christian Priemel, Heaps of work. The ways of labour history
- CFP: Clothes, Working Lives and Social Change, 1880–1939
- Jean Jaurès - exhibition, colloquium, publication
- Das Prinzip Solidarität - Zur Geschichte der Roten Hilfe in der BRD
- Database Dutch Trade Unions until 1940
- Frances Ingram Papers on child labor
More IALHI Resources
Besides the digital collections in the Social History Portal and the Social and Labour History News Service, IALHI and its members offer more resources on social and labour history, such as a source publication on the 1917 Stockholm Peace Conference, a collection of 1,200 digitized documents by and on the Rote Armee Fraktion and a database with close to 4.000 tables of contents of issues of labour history periodicals.